Changes for 2018
If you've attended Knit City before, we have quite a few changes in store for you!
1. The Entrance
We've decided to switch things up this year and will be using the Main Entrance to the PNE Forum, which faces East Hastings St. on the South side of the Forum.
This will allow for more parking in the lot directly beside the Forum, as we will also be moving the food trucks to the pedestrian promenade at the corner of Renfrew St. and East Hastings St., near the new entrance.
2. Marketplace Hours
Marketplace hours for Saturday September 29th will be 9am - 6pm, and Sunday September 30th hours will be 9am - 3pm.
3. Marketplace Entry Fee
The Admission price for the Marketplace will be $12 this year, with a weekend pass available for $17.
We are pleased that we were able to keep the price static for the past six years, but with yearly increases from our facilities and show services providers we were unfortunately compelled to increase the admission price this year. We appreciate your understanding, as these increases will help keep the show running!
4. Knitter's Lounge Area
Due to overwhelming demand we will be increasing the seating area and setting up a large Lounge near the Demonstration Area, with lots of seating available for socializing, knitting, and taking five. The Knitter's Lounge is sponsored by SweetGeorgia.
5. Workshop Tickets
Workshop (previously labelled as "class(es)") registration will open at 7pm on June 15, 2018 just like every other year, however this year we will be using a new registration system that has required us to make some small changes.
- Workshops should be registered for and paid for one at a time. The new system does not allow us to make partial changes to an order, so if you register and pay for two classes at once and then wish to cancel only one class we will be required to cancel the entire order.
- We are now accepting credit card payments directly at check out, or you can also use PayPal as in other years.
- Workshops can only be registered to one person. You cannot place an order for two tickets to one class, and give one to a friend. The tickets must be registered in your name, and used only by you. .
- Ticket transfers and refunds will be handled via request form. Link will be provided after registration opens.
- We will not be offering Waitlists for workshops this year. Any workshop spaces that become available from a previously sold-out workshop will be announced via our Workshop Notification newsletter and will be offered on a first come, first served basis. Link to newsletter will be posted when registration opens.
- More information on Workshop registration can be found here.