Frequently Asked Questions - Workshop Registration
When does registration open?
Workshop and lecture registration will open at 7pm on June 15, 2018 PST each and every year!
Can I reserve a spot in advance? I'm busy/working/have no internet connection when registration opens.
No, unfortunately we cannot reserve any workshop or lecture spots in advance. If you have a very kind friend that will register for you, they can do that however they will need to purchase your registration separately and in your name.
What forms of payment are accepted for registration?
Our new Stripe system allows you to enter your credit card details directly on the check out page, or you can also use the PayPal link at check out (credit and debit).
How many workshops can I register for at once? Can I buy spots for my friends too?
- Workshops should be registered for and paid for one at a time. The new system doesn't allow us to make partial changes to an order, so if you register and pay for two classes at once and then want to cancel only one class we will be required to cancel the entire order. If you are fairly certain that you will not be needing to make any changes to your order, you can place two or more workshops in your cart and pay for them in one transaction but please be aware of this limitation.
- Workshops can only be registered to one person. You cannot place an order for two tickets to one class, and give one to a friend. The tickets must be registered in your name, and used only by you. Photo ID may be requested at time of check in for workshops.
- If you are a very kind person and would like to register for a friend, you can do that in a separate transaction and must register the workshop spot in their name. Photo ID may be requested at time of check in.
Can I buy lecture tickets and Marketplace admission tickets for my friends?
- Lecture tickets can be purchased more than one at a time (max 5), but all persons must check in together for the lecture. No partial refunds can be given for the order.
- Marketplace tickets can be purchased more than one at a time (max 10), but one point person must pick up all wristbands during check in and distribute them to your group. Admission desk cannot hold wristbands for individual people. No partial refunds can be given for these orders.
Do I need to buy Marketplace Admission tickets in advance?
- No. Marketplace Admission tickets can be purchased at the door on Saturday and Sunday. Entry is $12 per day or a weekend pass can be purchased for $17. Children 12 and under are free.
- Complimentary Marketplace entry is offered with each workshop registration, for both Saturday and Sunday entry, regardless of which day your workshop is scheduled for. Complimentary Marketplace entry cannot be transferred to another person, it can only be used by the person who has purchased the workshop ticket and Photo ID may be requested at time of Marketplace entry. Should your workshop ticket be refunded or transferred, the Complimentary Marketplace entry will also be cancelled or transferred, and you will be required to purchase a new Marketplace entry ticket at the door.
Are workshop/lecture/marketplace admission tickets in Canadian dollars or what?
Yes! All registrations are charged in Canadian dollars.
Do I get complimentary Marketplace Admission with my lecture ticket?
No. You will need to purchase a Marketplace Admission ticket separately.
Do I get a physical ticket mailed to me?
No. All tickets are delivered electronically, to the email address you register with. It is imperative you register with an email address that you check frequently as this is where your ticket will be sent.
We do not and will not ever share your email address with anyone. Your address will be added to our Workshop and Lecture ticket email list only, and will be used for communication for Knit City 2018 only.
Do I need to print out my ticket for the Marketplace or workshop or lecture?
It's up to you. You can show your ticket on your smart phone, or you can print it out for us to scan at admission.
You will need to show the ticket at both your workshop admission desk and the Marketplace admission desk though, so make sure you don't delete it or throw your printed copy away.
The class I wanted sold out! What do I do? Is there a Waitlist?
We will not be offering Waitlists for workshops this year. Any workshop spaces that become available from a previously sold-out workshop will be announced via our Workshop Notification newsletter and will be offered on a first come, first served basis. You can sign up for this newsletter on the Purchase Tickets page.
Can I bring my infant/child to the workshop or lecture with me?
Unfortunately no. Having children (of any ages) accompany their parents to the workshop is very distracting to the instructors and other attendees, so we can no longer accommodate this. Only registered workshop and lecture attendees will be admitted, with no exceptions.
Can I bring my emotional support dog with me?
No. Registered Seeing Eye Guide Dogs are the only animals permitted in the PNE Forum, Hastings Room, and Atrium Inn facilities.
Something has come up and I can't attend my workshop. Can I get a refund?
If you can no longer use your workshop ticket then it will need to be cancelled via online request form here, with refunds offered up until August 28th, 2018. Your entire order will be cancelled and refunded, less a $25 admin fee. Any complimentary Marketplace Admission tickets will be voided as well.
After August 28th no refunds will be offered, but we can then transfer your ticket for a $25 admin fee to a nomination of your choice (any monetary transaction will need to be carried out by you, we cannot facilitate this).
Transfers can be requested up from August 29th until September 24th, 2018. After September 24th, no transfers can be completed. Please allow up to 5 business days for a transfer or refund request to be completed. All transfers and refunds will be subject to a $25 administration fee.
Marketplace Admission tickets are non-refundable.
I lost my ticket!
You can quickly and easily request your ticket be sent to you at the bottom of the Purchase Tickets widget.
If you still can't locate your ticket, please check your email spam or junk folders.